ErinEarth as an educational resource for schools
As a school resource, we welcome visits by school groups. ErinEarth was developed by the Presentation Sisters to demonstrate sustainable living as a community and school resource.
- Find out more about the history of ErinEarth click here.
- Find out more about the underlying philosophy of the Presentation Sisters for the development of ErinEarth click here.
- St Francis as an inspiration click here
ErinEarth is a great ‘learnscape' with the following features:
- Sustainable living features
- Reduced energy use by using solar passive energy principles in construction of house and solar hot water system.
- Reduced water useage through waterwise house and garden designs
- A mud brick gazebo features the use sustainable building materials. Low embodied energy building materials used in construction.
- Low food miles. Food produced on site, A vegetable garden, fruit trees and chooks (chickens)
- Recycling green wastes - composting area
- Sustaining and nurturing the human spirit
- The Shed - the hub of ErinEarth
- Two lovable guard dogs - Megs and Lizzie.
- Meeting areas - A conference room and office area
- Protecting and nurturing biodiversity
- Re-establishment of the local native vegetation
- An interpretive walk of Australian and local native plants
- Fenced dam with functioning windmill and wetlands